- Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2011
- Master of Science in Communication Disorders, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 1984
- Bachelor of Arts, History, Roanoke College, Salem, Virginia, 1974
Licensed Audiologist, Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Professional Societies and Appointments:
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiologists
- Board Certified in Audiology
- American Speech-Language Pathology and Hearing Association, Certificate of Clinical Competence
- American Tinnitus Association
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology
- Texas Academy of Audiology
- Fellow, Tinnitus Practitioners’ Association
United States Marine Corps, 1974-1981
- Home Schooling
Dr. Paula Land began her professional life as Lt. Paula Humphreys, USMC after receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from Roanoke College. She transitioned to audiology in 1984, earning a Master of Science degree in Communication Disorders – Audiology from the University of Texas at Dallas and later received the Doctor of Audiology degree from the University of Florida in 2011.
Dr. Land is Board Certified in Audiology, holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech Language and Hearing Association and is a Fellow in the American Academy of Audiology and the Tinnitus Practitioners’ Association. Having practiced principally in medical diagnostic settings, Dr. Land opened her private practice in 2009. She offers complete hearing health care including comprehensive audiological and tinnitus evaluations and services.
Continually evaluating current and future technologies and professional best practices, Dr. Land believes that only when these are combined with one on one, face to face, individual care are the best results for alleviating the difficulties caused by hearing loss and bothersome tinnitus achieved. Dr. Land is certified in tinnitus management and has served as an off site clinical supervisor for the University of North Texas Department of Speech and Hearing and the Doctor of Audiology Program at the University of Texas at Dallas.