Q: Do I have misophonia?
- Do you find some sounds really disgusting, to the point that you must constantly ask people to stop making the sound or leave the area entirely?
- Do some sounds make you very angry and anxious because you find them intolerable?
- Are there sounds that you hate but find yourself always concentrating on, focusing on them to the exclusion of everything else? Do these sounds happen frequently?
- Do you rearrange your life to avoid specific sounds?
- Do you make others change what they are doing because you can’t stand the noise they make?
- Do others not understand your intolerance to sounds?
- Do you not understand how others can tolerate specific sounds?
- Would you rather not hear at all than keep hearing trigger sounds?
- Do trigger sounds feel like bee stings, and you just can’t get away from them?
- Are you afraid sounds may be driving you crazy?
If you answered yes to four or more of these questions, you may have misophonia. It is suggested that you contact a misophonia specialist for more details.